Call Common Settings by clicking narrow button with arrows on the left
of the main window (F5).
Setup in the Common Settings the following (in the due order from top to bottom):
- BackUp to Folder (folder for storing backups)
Note: Create the folder on additional hard disk drive (HDD), removable
drive or network drive (highly recommended!)
- if Ignore Saving option is off (recommended), the program will be
checking all active/opened applications whether they have not saved changes in
active/opened files before turn off and log off. If such changes found the
program will offer to save them in a more pleasant way than Windows does. If
option is on, the program will close all active applications automatically
without saving changes in files and documents
- if Ignore BackUp option is off (recommended) and a drive for storing backup is not ready
the program will prompt to connect the drive. If the option is on, backup
process will be ignored if the drive is not ready.
Drive is not ready may mean either it is out of order or not connected to
PC (for example, removable drive)
- Clean up BackUp option is needed for getting rid of trash-files that will be inevitably accumulating in Backup folder.
After next Backup the option will be automatically switched off, and the user can be sure that all
data on PC and data in a folder for storing Backup are synchronized
i.e. content of Backup folder are absolutely similar to original folders
- set Eject CD-discs option for checking presence of CD in CD-ROM drive and ejecting them if any found
- Destroy Viruses option kills viruses in PC memory
and reduces chance PC to be infected with new unknown viruses.
It works simple, virus looses a possibility to check the conditions for its next successful startup,
and executable file of the virus most likely will be deleted (if the options
Internet Cache, Recycle Bin and Temporary Files are on in CleanUp Settings).
The option has 3 work modes: do not destroy, destroy with user rights (default), destroy with system rights.
Attention! Use 3-d mode carefully during Log Off in spite of its best effectiveness because of potential possibility
of some system processes and drivers to be destroyed along with viruses
- for launching Smart Turn Off by icon on desktop set Desktop option to on and choose the action program will
execute after launching by this icon
- for launching Smart Turn Off by Quick Launch icon set the option Quick Launch on and choose the action program will
execute after launching by this icon.
Note: personal icon corresponds to each work mode. (more about work modes, starting with parameters)
- SM LookA Agent might be used for multiple computer shutdown, Smart Turn Off enhancement and
for better user's convenience
(more about SM LookA Agent).
Attention! Sm LookA is an additional FreeWare that should be set up
separately. Please read
help carefully before using SM LookA
- change skin of the program by clicking button with color rectangles
- animation speed may be changed by slider on the right of Skin button
- button below resets Don't show again options in dialogs.
Note: most dialogs have Don't show again option for user convenience
- on the right of the button - Countdown value in seconds for dialogs and timer.
Note: most dialogs have Countdown possibility for guarantee PC shutdown without user
interference. Countdown might be stopped by space button on keyboard if additional time is needed to came in to a decision.
- the slogan below will be appearing on PC screen during turn of
and log off
- button with a batch-file icon calls window for setting up additional programs launch with their finish waiting.
To save changes press OK, to cancel changes press Cancel.